- This event has passed.
IATEFL Jobs Market Signature Event
April 2, 2014 @ 12:00 am - 6:00 pm
ELT Recruitment and Training in the Digital Age
Digital and online material has become an essential part of the ELT mix and publishers invest millions to introduce ever more sophisticated ways of taking learning in new directions. There are real benefits to this, but are we in danger of ignoring a very important person in the room: the teacher?
More to the point, are we investing in the right amount of training, not only to help teachers understand new technology but, crucially, to ensure digital materials support rather than distract from the fundamental process of English language learning? In this panel discussion with leading specialists in this area, we will address these questions and more.
- Dr Aisha Walker, University of Leeds, MA in TESOL and ICT Programme Director
- Pete Sharma, Pete Sharma Associates
- Wayne Jones, Director, Academic Bridge Programme, Zayed University UAE (tbc)
- David Donnarumma, Teaching Qualifications Manager, Trinity College London
- Rehana Anwar, Product Development Director, Language Lab (tbc)