The digital delivery of learning content is here to stay. We believe that all those involved in the business of language education need effective training in the current range of hardware and software. While many of those who are already knowledgeable in the field of new media are capable of self-access training in some areas, we feel that there is considerable doubt – perhaps even fear – among those involved in our profession as to how to engage with new media. Our answer is to support all those wishing to take a step forward in their professional development by making training as “hands-on” as possible.
We offer courses for teachers, teacher trainers, Directors of studies, publishers and academic managers who wish to gain confidence and competence in using new technology to support their work and career. Using a mix of online programmes, webinars, video and face to face tuition, we offer a range of set training modules in all key aspects of technology use.
We can also write and create bespoke training courses, tailored to specific client requirements. These can be offered online (for example, on your institutional LMS), face to face or blended. We can deliver the face to face elements ourselves, or work with your own trainers to cascade learning down to your teachers.
Bespoke courses are run in language schools, publishing houses and universities worldwide. PSA works with major hardware and software developers and publishers.
Just some of the benefits of participating in a training course with Pete Sharma Associates Ltd:
- All our trainers are experienced both as language teachers and in the use of learning technologies
- You are given a real insight into how to integrate such technologies into teaching and learning
- You have sufficient opportunity to try out various tools, including interactive whiteboards, tablet PCs and mobile devices
- “Top up” programmes offer all participants a simple way to keep up to date with relevant developments
- Our links with the main ELT publishers ensures that a range of the latest software is available to try, with objective evaluations available